Bangus is milkfish, the fish most commonly used in recipes for sinigang na isda (sour stew of fish).
This recipe is for sinigang na bangus.
Ingredients for Sinigang na Bangus
* 1 piece large bangus, cleaned and sliced into serving pieces
* 5 cups water
* 1 small ginger, sliced
* 2 pieces tomatoes, quartered
* 1 medium onion, sliced
* 2 medium eggplants, cut into serving pieces
* 5 pieces string beans, cut into serving pieces
* 2 cups kangkong leaves
* 1 small pack tamarind powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
How To Cook Sinigang na Bangus
1. In a pot, bring water to a boil together with the ginger.
2. Add the bangus, tomatoes, and onion and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the tamarind powder and salt to taste.
4. Add the eggplant and string beans and simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, add the kangkong leaves, and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
You may also use patis (fish sauce) to taste. Serve hot with rice.